The Glorious Mundane



Wake our hearts to Your love
Help us trust Your plans above
Make our hearts see Your fame
Even in the Glorious Mundane

Over the weekend, I got to attend a conference in St. Louis based around the idea of The Glorious Mundane. This is an idea that I've always been drawn to-- living "normal" life fully and to the glory of God; simply, intentionally, as image-bearers of Christ.

I found myself lost in stories that spoke of lifelong faithfulness to the Lord, hospitality and generosity. The speakers spurred me on to be content where I am, to continue faithfully (even in the small things), to love others well through good conversation, and to make good, hard choices.

Over the course of the weekend, the Lord showed up in unexpected ways. He showed me that community can look different from how I'm imagining it. It's not always a perfect looking picture on social media of six or seven friends, adventuring and doing every part of life together. (Although that sounds really nice.) It's something that must be rooted in love for others & the Lord and takes so many forms. I felt it in words of wisdom spoken to my heavy heart. I offered it in hugging and praying for a friend as she cried. I'm finding it in the steady, old faithful friends who will shoot straight with me, dream really big, and pray with me until we're teary and full of hope. Community, if we are willing to choose it, is here and now, not there tomorrow. It starts when we choose vulnerability & authenticity. It starts when we are looking not only to take, but to give. 

1 comment:

  1. Great and raw and insight, as always. Just what I needed. Thanks Linds. (#freefourforever ?)

    ReplyDelete