A New Start


It's amazing how much someone can change in just a few years. Looking back at the blog I started when I was thirteen, I'm both amazed and amused at how different I was then. Not necessarily good or bad; just different. (For example, my thirteen year old self was usually like, "Colors! Give me all the colors!" So I'd wear a rainbow and a half when given the chance. Now, my wardrobe consists primarily of denim, black, and grey.)

I feel like I've arrived at the beginning of a new chapter. It's the one where adventure and responsibility are ever increasing and I'm trying to figure out what it means to be free and independent.

I'm trying to learn what it means to be rooted. Rooted in Truth, growing as a person, an artist, a follower of Christ. Rooted in every moment, being fully present here and now. Rooted in this town that I love + know like the back of my hand, but do wish to leave at times.

And on the flip side, I want to grow wings. Because I'm choosing to stay where my roots are deep in the ground, I want (need, maybe) to find adventure and new experiences and the unexpected. Whether on the other side of town or the other side of the world, I want to travel and get lost and meet new people. I want to do something every day that scares me and always choose to be brave.

As I walk through this next chapter, I hope this blog will be a place where I can document life, process thoughts, and encourage others. It is my hope that this will be a place of authenticity and encouragement-- an open book about an honest wrestling. A place to write the way write, and not strive to sound like someone I'm not. A place to share my adventures and misadventures. Recipes, thoughts about living simply, words that have changed me, design projects, photographs, stories, and everything in-between. 

I hope you'll come along for the ride as I seek adventure and beauty in the glorious mundane. Cheers! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lindsey, I've missed you! Welcome back friend! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how excited I am for this. <3 <3 <3 I most definitely will join you on this new & exciting journey! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for more posts on this new blog of yours!
    xoxo, em

    according-toem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovelovelove! Can't wait to hear more. :) <3

    ReplyDelete